Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Sports Report: A-Insert Your Favorite Moniker Here!


Baseball: He's Back!

For the past couple of weeks I've remained steadfast on my belief that a certain Alex Rodriguez would be a New York Yankee even when the rest of the world was certain he would go somewhere else. My belief was not based on wanting my favorite player to play for my favorite team but on some good old fashion common sense. The Yanks need right handed power and a third baseman; Alex Rodriguez is a right-handed power hitter that plays third base. Alex wants the most money; the Yanks are the team that could offer him the most money. It now appears that A-Rod and the Yankees are close to signing a 10 year contract worth around 270 million dollars.

To my fellow Yankee fans, I believe Alex does want to be a Yankee and we are a much better team with him in the lineup. To everyone who thought I was crazy, just like I told people who voted for G Dub, act like you got some sense people!

Football (uhh...Sort Of): OJ Encore

OJ Simpson will stand trial on charges of kidnapping and robbery and could face life in prison. When asked about how he felt about facing another trial OJ remarked, "Who do I have to kill to get a hung jury?"

Basketball: If Your Favorite Team Sucks, Make Up A Fantasy One!

The Knicks are a mess. Can we give them life in prison? Also, AK-47 in the 6th round of fantasy draft is making me look good at 11.3 PPG 7.3 Reb 7.1Ast 1.8 Stl 2.4Blk. Fantasy pick up of the week- Randy Foye if he's available, he's worth the risk. Per 48 minutes, Foye's numbers were comparable to last year's rookie of the year, Brandon Roy.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

the amount of money offered for his contract disgusts me