Thursday, January 24, 2008

Celebrity Sighting: Jack Cafferty

Working in the Time Warner building, I'm kind of used to seeing all these CNN anchors/reporters milling about (except for Anderson Cooper, where oh where are you??), but I have to say, I was super duper excited about running into Jack Cafferty yesterday in the cafeteria. WHY? Cause, a) he's cute and tall in an old man/grandpa sort of way, b) I used to watch him on the WB11 News at 10, and c) he totally smiled and said HI to me! I'm a sucker for anyone (famous or not) being SMILEY and NICE and FRIENDLY in this cold, cold world.

Anyways, that encounter led me to look up some stuff about him. He's an interesting guy, having plead guilty in '93 for leaving the scene of an accident after hitting a bicyclist (oh...Jack), and being raised by alcoholic parents. I saw him again today, but he looked kinda grumpy, which made me sad after the awesome encounter we had yesterday. Why must you play with my heart Cafferty??

3 comments:

Julia Park said...

Hahaha, I miss seeing him on the WB News at 10 :(

Anonymous said...

"hey that's jack cafferty!" "is that the old guy?" i'm a bad person. don't forget we also saw wolf blitzer! and we've seen dick parsons. but AC, is pesky and elusive.....

Anonymous said...

ps. he was a little more grumpy today but maybe it's because he found out there are no free lunches anymore too!!!!!