Friday, April 11, 2008

How White Are You?

We here at Life in Boxes have recently discovered one of the best blogs ever: Stuff White People Like.

The site regularly takes something white people like and breaks it down for the rest of us. I mean, like, why do white people like rugby?
Rugby’s greatest appeal lies in it’s uniforms.

Unlike other sports where jerseys are made out of nylon or mesh, Rugby jerseys are like thick sweatshirts with collars! In fact there is no other jersey on earth that can move so seamlessly from the playing field to the farmers market.

It's hilarious gems like these that makes the blog so great.

While this pseudo-reverse-racism is all taken with a grain of salt, it got me thinking, "How white am I?"

After perusing their list, I have found that I am 32/95 (33.68%) white. Not too shabby, I think.

How white are you?

2 comments:

Julia Park said...

58/95 (61.052%)

They should add kite-flying / liking shows like 30 Rock, The Office, Scrubs / baking or cooking.

Oh wait. I like all of those things, too.

Anonymous said...

The little bit that makes the site so great even better compared to the copycats is the whole subversive "how to befriend white people" POV.

There's a Stuff Asian People like and Stuff Black People like, but they tend to be less tongue-in-cheek.