Thursday, April 24, 2008

Summer concert series

The weather's getting nicer, so that only means one thing, summer's almost here! And with that comes tons of outdoor events, most of which are free and open to the public. I've been on a big concert kick lately (there's nothing like seeing artists you like perform live), and with my love for nice weather and for concerts, I'm making it my mission to attend at least one outdoor concert this summer. Thankfully, rival morning shows TODAY and Good Morning America host a series of concerts during the summer, with a slew of awesome artists booked and ready to rock&roll. The only catch is that you have to be there at ungodly hours to ensure a spot to watch them perform, but it's a small price to pay for free entertainment, right?

NBC's TODAY Concert Series Lineup


ABC's Good Morning America Concert Series Lineup

As for me,
One word: Coldplay.
Two words: June 27. (ok, I know that's actually not 2 words)
Three words: I'm so there.
Four words: Who else is in??

Ok, I know I'm being super annoying. But, um, it's COLDPLAY, my favorite band ever. I don't enjoy waking up in the morning when it's still super dark outside, but did I mention it's Coldplay?? The last time I did something crazy like that was September 06, when my boyfriend (aka John Krasinski from the Office) and actress Jenna Fischer were on TODAY to promote the season 3 premiere of the show.

They had a scheduled DVD signing at the NBC store across the street right after the interview, and even though I already owned the DVDs, I followed them there like a stalker. And while everyone else was at the signing to get DVDs signed, I just stood there and took tons of pictures like a creep-o. Whatever! In my defense, there were a handful of other people doing the same exact thing I was doing (and yes, the restraining order has been lifted). Unfortunately, I got like 4 good shots of the 100s I took, cause I'm an idiot and don't know how to work my camera. Things will be different this time around. Here I come, Chris Martin!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I've ever been to a concert. That's a lie, I've been to the amazing shows at Pal Park. >_<

_sang

Anonymous said...

dress warm! it may be summer but it gets pretty cold in the early morning.