Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Celebrity Sighting: Stephen T. Colbert

Spotted: Stephen Colbert, Time Warner Center, NY, 12:10PM.

On my way to the gym during lunch, I bumped into the one and only Stephen Colbert. In real life he looks just like he does on TV, except he was more smiley. Actually he looked simultaneously happy and confused (like he didn't really know where he was going), and the ever-so-cool I totally smirked at him. SMIRKED! I make eye contact with him, and I don't smile at him or say a friendly hello, but I smirk. I was simultaneously geeking out and trying to look cool at the same time, as well as trying to mouth 'OMG I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.' And so my face got confused and it was all happening so fast, and that's the look I gave him. I might have drooled a little too? I don't know. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

I could've done so many things, like yell out "Truthiness!" or "You're my favorite Korean pop star!" or "Bears are godless killing machines!" or requested a dance-off. UGH, so many things, too little time!!! Stephen, if you're reading this, I LOVE YOU. AND YOU LOOKED UBER HANDSOME AND SMART IN YOUR KHAKIS AND TAN JACKET. AND I'M NOT CREEPY, I SWEAR!

edited to add (4:28PM): I'm currently item #2 on Gawker Stalker!

Here are some interesting Colbert facts, and reasons why I LURVE him:

* was a member of the famed Second City improv group in Chicago while attending Northwestern, along with castmates Steve Carell and Amy Sedaris (my faves)
* lives in Montclair, New Jersey (holla back, neighbor!) with his wife and 3 kids
* is a Sunday school teacher at his Catholic church
* co-wrote the #1 NY Times bestseller, I Am America (And So Can You!)
* is a self-described Democrat in real life, stating that he has "no problems with Republicans, just Republican policies."

1 comments:

Julia Park said...

Hahaha, I can imagine you drooling a little bit, too :P