Thursday, June 19, 2008

Recipe of the Day: Yogurt Parfaits

I'm obsessed with yogurt parfaits. It's my favorite thing at McDonald's (and only 99 cents!), it's my favorite thing to try anytime I see one anywhere, it's my favorite thing to eat for breakfast, and snack, and sometimes dinner, and it's super easy to make. Here is my favorite yogurt parfait of all time, courtesy of me (the creator of it), and Trader Joe's (the place where all of these ingredients come from).

Super Duper Yummy Delicious Yogurt Parfait

1/2 c. Greek yogurt (Preferably 0% milkfat, either the Trader Joe's brand or Fage)
1 T. honey
Handful (HA, this is very scientific) of berries- raspberries/blackberries/blueberries

2 T. Trader Joe lowfat granola w/almonds (best.stuff.ever)

Serves 1.

Mix Greek yogurt and honey together. Place fruit on top of the yogurt, place granola on top of the berries. Eat. Repeat.

Really simple! And all the ingredients in this recipe can be switched out for other stuff (for example, not everyone loves Greek yogurt as much as I do, regular Vanilla yogurt works well too), so you can get creative. Bon appetit!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice, a great summer treat. Plus, I doubt the parfait at McD's is anywhere as healthy-sounding as yours

Unknown said...

yum! can u make this for me every sunday? :P

Anonymous said...

I love yogurt parfaits. We should have a contest. I will be judge.