Wednesday, December 31, 2008

[Mixtape] Best of 2008

My favorite gift to give at the end of the year is to burn my friends a mix cd of what I deem to be the best songs of that year. I really like music, so this list takes time to compile and figure out, since there's only so much room on an audio cd. So to mark the end of 2008, here is my mixtape of the best of '08!


Best of 08

1) The Ting Tings - Great DJ (Just a really fun song, their whole album is fun.)
2) MGMT - Time To Pretend (I love their sound. Electric Feel is another favorite of mine.)
3) Santogold - L.E.S. Artistes (No song on her debut album sounds the same, and I love that.)
4) Joshua Radin - I'd Rather Be With You (Mellow little song, he was invited to sing at Ellen DeGeneres's wedding earlier this year)
5) Vampire Weekend - Oxford Comma (One of my favorite bands of 2008, I love how conversational this song is. The whole Vampire Weekend album is GREAT.)
6) Sia - Soon We'll Be Found (Her Breathe Me is my favorite song ever, and her latest album didn't disappoint. The music video for this song is SO AMAZING- it's a little piece of art.)
7) Britney Spears - Circus (Her current single, I also love the video for this song, especially from the 2:03 mark. Hot.)
8) Death Cab for Cutie - Cath.. (I went to go see them live this year, they put on an amazing show. Cath.. is one of my favorite songs off the album, I also like Pity & Fear.)
9) Pink - Sober (What a great song. She performed Sober at the American Music Awards, and I remember being thoroughly impressed.)
10) Duffy - Warwick Avenue (Not a huge fan of her- she kinda sounds like Minnie Mouse live, but I LOVE this song and the video.)
11) Estelle ft. Kanye West - American Boy (This song was everywhere this year.)
12) Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love (This song was also everywhere, I think she is so lovely.)
13) Adele - Chasing Pavements (Her debut album 19 has a really old-school flavor to it, and she has some really great set of pipes. The video for the song is extremely well choreographed.)
14) Kings of Leon - Use Somebody (My new favorite band. Apparently it's the only modern band my crush Robert Pattinson likes, which makes me like him and the band even more.)
15) Jenny Lewis - Acid Tongue (Former child actress and Rilo Kiley lead singer released a solo album this year. The song is simple, it's kinda twangy, I love it.)
16) Coldplay - Viva La Vida (Their biggest hit ever, and with good reason. The swelling string section is the best.)
17) Lenka - The Show (Reminds me of Regina Spektor and Kate Nash- a poppy, fun, catchy tune.)
18) Rihanna - Disturbia (How do you not love this song? So catchy and dance-able.)
19) Britney Spears - Unusual You (I know Britney is on ths list twice, but this is the best song on Circus. I really really hope this is her next single.)
20) Jason Mraz - I'm Yours (Technically this song is a couple of years old, but was released officially in 2008. One of my favorites ever.)

0 comments: