Thursday, December 11, 2008

Song of the Day: Muse - Supermassive Black Hole


If you've been reading this blog for the past couple of weeks, you know that I have been obsessed with 2 things as of late: Twilight and Britney Spears. I've probably listened to Britney's album nonstop for the past week (she has the #1 album this week, with over 500,000 copies sold, that is MY GIRL!!!). When I'm not listening to Britney, I am listening to the Twilight soundtrack, which is actually a pretty great compilation. Julia wrote about her love for one of the songs on the album, Iron & Wine's beautiful Flightless Bird, American Mouth. I want to recommend my favorite song on the album, Muse's Supermassive Black Hole. The song is used in the baseball scene in Twilight, which is like the greatest use of this song ever. I love Muse, an English rock band who I don't think many Americans know about. Hysteria is one of my favorite songs EVER and like my favorite song to run to, I think their cover of the otherwise annoying Can't Take My Eyes Off You is pretty awesome, and I just love their overall sound. Twilight author Stephenie Meyer is always citing them as a huge inspiration in her writing, calling them her muse (get it???). I love the name! I love the band! I love this song!!

3 comments:

Yuri Kim said...

Two Comments:

- Not a bad song, but a really, really, bad scene in the movie -__- I felt like I was watching High School Musical or something

- Another great song in the movie is Radiohead's 15 Step

Jen Shin said...

except.... that awesome Radiohead song is NOT on the soundtrack. BOO.

Anonymous said...

Such a creepy music video. And the music for hysteria is pretty frightening.

Muse was the soundtrack of my 2007 summer, man.