Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Movie Review: The Hangover

This past weekend, I ended up watching two movies- Up and The Hangover. I loved Up- Pixar has a special place in my heart, and the first 20 minutes of the movie was the cutest and most heartwarming thing ever. But I have to say, my favorite movie of this year so far has to be the surprise that was The Hangover. I wasn't expecting much from it because I didn't really know what to expect going into it. So I was really surprised when we got to the theater and it was PACKED. And though I thought I was going to go cross-eyed from sitting in the last available seat in the very first row, omg, was it worth it.

The Hangover is about 4 grown men who head to Vegas for a bachelor party for one of their own. The fun really kicks in when 3 of the men wake up in the morning completely hung over and unable to remember what happened the night before. The 4th, the guy who the bachelor party was for, has disappeared, and the rest of the film is about the three friends trying to figure out what the heck happened the night before, and track down their missing friend. The movie doesn't have big time stars, but it does have genuinely funny actors who all bring their A-game, and who I think will become big stars in their own right pretty soon: Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms (aka Andy Bernard on the Office), Zack Galifianakis (this film's breakout star). They all have really great chemistry together and play on each other well, and part of what makes the film so funny is the interaction they have with one another, in particular with Zack's character.

I just have to say: Heather Graham, Mike Tyson, a wild tiger, the cutest baby ever. Have I piqued your interest yet? So hilarious, it's really silly mindless fun. GO WATCH IT.

0 comments: