Monday, June 22, 2009

Perez Hilton is an idiot.

So the very HOT news this morning is that celebrity blogger Perez Hilton alleges that Black Eyed Peas frontrunner will.i.am assaulted him after the MuchMusic Awards in Toronto last night. What? Um, ok, fine. The kicker here is that Perez twittered his call for help, saying:

I'm in shock. I need the police ASAP. Please come to the SoHo Metropolitan Hotel now. Please.

Followed by:
I was assaulted by Will.I.Am of the Black Eyed Peas and his security guards. I am bleeding. Please, I need to file a police report. No joke.

Which was then followed by:
Still waiting for the police. The bleeding has stopped. I need to document this. Please, can the police come to the SoHo Met Hotel.

Um, ok, can we talk about what an asshole Perez is? I don't condone violence, and if what he is alleging is true, then well, will.i.am should be in serious trouble (which he has already denied in this video blog response) But, seriously. Perez had the time to log onto twitter to ask his "fans" for help in calling the police, but couldn't do it himself? You're bleeding and in shock, great, call the popo, don't twitter about it. Now, this is probably an ingenious move on Perez's part actually, using the social networking site to tell his side of the story, before word got out through other outlets, thus having full control of the story FIRST. But to me, it just made him look even more retarded, conniving, and DRAMATIC than he usually is. Maybe he'd have more sympathy from me (and others, as comments on the incident have been pretty divisive) if he was a bit more respectful to others. Is Twitter the next call-for-help service? Is Perez a dumbass? Am I just jealous cause I don't have enough followers on Twitter to have call the police for me should I choose to do the same? Idk, maybe... =P Oh what questions to ponder on this Monday.

0 comments: