Wednesday, November 14, 2007

[Mixtape] Cool Winter Day Playlist

It's a pretty chilly day out, and it will be for the next 4 months or so. Here are some fitting songs that I'm currently into.

The Bravery - Believe
Apparently, they have an ongoing feud with the Killers? Whatever. Just an all-around great song, has been featured on The Hills and Gossip Girls.

So give me something to believe
Cause I am living just to breathe
And I need something more
To keep on breathing for
So give me something to believe




Lovers Electric - Closer
Also featured on The Hills (you can knock the show all you want, but they do feature some great songs time to time). They are a two-person band from Australia, and I haven't heard any of their other stuff, but Closer is pretty great.

I love the lyrics to the song. Contrary to the title, it's about distance and the differences of two people in a relationship that prevents them from being... that's right, closer.



Gym Class Heroes - It's OK, But Just This Once!
I highly enjoy this group. I highly enjoy pop hip-hop in general. The song is off their As Cruel as Schoolchildren album, which spawned such hits as Cupid's Chokehold, The Queen and I, and Clothes Off! I think this song is my favorite though. I like going around saying, 'it's ok, but just this once!' and having no one know what I'm talking about. =P

More after the jump...

Kathryn Scott - Hungry (Falling on my Knees)
A praise song; it's been stuck in my head for 3 days now. It's kinda how I feel about my spiritual walk at the moment. The Matt Redman version is good too, but I love her singing it.

Peter Bjorn & John - Young Folks
I'm pretty sure the song has been used in every other advertisement and tv show. It's so catchy.

Mandy Moore/Marie Digby - Umbrella
I'm one of the few people out of my friends who actually like Rihanna's Umbrella. Ella, ella, ella, eh eh eh~ The acoustic, slowed-down versions by both/either Mandy Moore and Marie Digby are definitely worth checking out, even if you hate the top 40 one.

Alicia Keys ft. John Mayer - Lesson Learned
They play off well with/against(?) each other. It's one of my favorite songs off her new album.

0 comments: