Thursday, December 20, 2007

Music Video Roundup!

I love music videos. They're like short, 4-minute films set to your favorite songs. Here are three that I'm enjoying at the moment.

Jenny Owen Youngs - Hot in Herre
This folky singer-songwriter is from Montclair, NJ. It's a cover of Nelly's ubiquitous Hot in Herre, and I LOVE her version! The music video, with its party-in-an-igloo theme, is uber cute. Her entire album, Batten the Hatches, is worth listening to. She's been featured on Showtime's Weeds, and I also really like her other single "F**k was I."



Britney Spears - Piece of Me
Here it is, the second single and video off her Blackout album. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this song, as you all know. I LIKE LIKE LIKE this video. It's still not the Britney/Britney videos of yesteryear, but infinitely better than the crap that was the Gimme More video. She looks cute, she looks like she's having fun, she's making a point about the paparazzi, and I like her choreographed dance moves with her backup dancers about 2:30 into the video.



M.I.A. - Paper Planes
I really like this feisty Sri Lankan rapper/visual artist. This is the uncensored video of her controversial song Paper Planes, which she says is a response to capitalism and search for income. I can relate. She was really pissed recently cause she made the video a MTV-friendly version with no violence instead of making it the way she wanted to, but apparently MTV is censoring it anyway. The problem is the gunshot sounds in the chorus, which were also bleeped during her David Letterman performance awhile back.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you sure love britney spears

Anonymous said...

how did you never show me that j.o.y. clip?! i lurve that song (yes, i am a pop culture/top 40 lemming, this i know) :D

and i missed you at work today dude!! hope you have a faaab vacation and see you next week!