Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Redemption

I have an affinity for the highly scrutinized athletes. My favorite baseball player is Alex Rodriguez, my favorite basketball player was Patrick Ewing. Football, Eli Manning. All of these players have been brought in as saviors but, as great as they are, have had a propensity to struggle mightily at times. Their struggles don't come from a lack of talent or desire but rather from a tendency to try too hard. I can relate in the sense that I can see the potential in me only to be frustrated at how much I can suck during important points in my life.

But here comes Eli, like a streak of blue and red hope smothered in shut-your-mouth, silencing critics, doubters, and destiny. To all those who shake their heads and say never, here's to when trying too hard turns into never too hard to try. Cheers!

See you all February 3.

3 comments:

Jen Shin said...

do i smell a Super Bowl party?? i think soooo!

Unknown said...

You couldn't have said it any better. SUPERBOWL PART E!!!!!!!!!

Julia Park said...

By the hammer of Thor!

Today, we spell redemption E-L-I.