Wednesday, January 30, 2008

You're Better Than That

I have now gone a week without Internet access (and land line access) at home. This will be approximately the third week within the last year that I have gone sans World Wide Web thanks to Verizon. When it is actually up and running, Verizon does a bang up job of providing a consistent service unlike the folks at Optimum and Time Warner. However, getting a Verizon technician to fix a problem is like waiting for the mail to arrive through the Pony Express, a really fat, lethargic pony.

I called last week explaining to them the lines were down and scheduled for someone to come on Friday. They of course come on Thursday when no one is home, under the shadow of darkness, check the phone line from the outside, and proceed to conclude that it is working fine. Wrong! Friday, passes no one comes. I call Friday night, complain because the line is still not working. "We'll have a technician visit you personally on Tuesday between 4-8PM, if you have further questions please visit our website at Verizon.com." Err guy. Tuesday comes but the Verizon technician does not.

I'm assuming the lines being down is not our fault because I saw a couple of Verizon trucks servicing other houses in my area and I'm pretty sure they were not there installing FIOS. As far as customer service, overall decency and truth telling (they had the balls to say that the Internet was down the first time because of a squirrel), Verizon puts the crap in craptacular and the poo in poo. In the words of Mark Jackson, Verizon, You're Better Than That!

2 comments:

Julia Park said...

Same goes for Time Warner Cable .. boos all around :(

Anonymous said...

even though time warner cable's dvr box hated me and decided to lost all the shows i recorded, my experience with their customer service peeps and technicians have been nothing but good!