Thursday, March 13, 2008

Avoiding Static Electricity

The office I work at is a static electricity haven. I can't touch anything metal without getting shocked. Instead of being electrocuted to death slowly, I've decided to fight back. Here are a couple of things that you can do to avoid it.

1. Moisturize your hands. Nothing attracts static like dry surfaces. Dry skin is no exception. In fact, if you want to create static electricity, dry skin and rabbit fur are some of the best surfaces to work with.

2. Touch metal with metal. Before touching something metal that you know will give you a shock, ground yourself by touching it with something metal first. People suggest using your keys. If you're married, a tap of the wedding ring should do the trick.

3. Anti-Static Spray. Make it yourself by putting fabric softener in a spray bottle filled with water. Then spray it on the rug or any other surfaces that produce static.

5 comments:

Julia Park said...

Sweet, I've been getting constant static shocks for the past month (I hate winter and wearing wool coats!), so it's good to know there are simple ways to prevent the nasty ouchies.

Jessie said...

That's awesome..Jorge just get married.. Or just buy a ring =]

will said...

you know what kind of static is the worse? the ones that shock your earbuds. I think it's going to shock my brain one of these days.

Anonymous said...

how about not dragging your feet on the carpet? walk properly you lazy git.

Eddie said...

Wow Jorge never knew you were such a sissy... Nah just teasing...

But I personally like it... wakes you up way better than them $3 esspresso.

Great site you guys!