Thursday, March 6, 2008

News Alert: Use Your Gift Cards!


Wow .. for all those people who either love getting gift cards as gifts or like to give them as gifts:
As more retailers file for bankruptcy or go out of business, more than $75 million in gift cards are at risk of becoming worthless pieces of plastic this year...The Sharper Image announced late last month that it was suspending the acceptance of gift cards, at least temporarily. It urged shoppers to check the company Web site later this month for an update. That is typical of businesses that reorganize under Chapter 11 bankruptcy, which treats gift cards as a loan to the company, not as cash. (CNN.com)
---

I guess I'm calling out sick tomorrow to use up all these freaking gift cards before they become worthless!

3 comments:

Jen Shin said...

So I don't have any gift cards from Sharper Image, but I still have a ton from other places. I would be so pissed off if I got denied.

Anonymous said...

yikes

Anonymous said...

Oh crap. I have tons of restaurant gift cards I redeemed with my Amex points.

Well...I don't think McDonald's and Taco Bell are going anywhere soon. ;)