Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Guess Who [I Hate]?


Julia: I don't know why, but I just really dislike ______ _____. It's like the really smooth-talking guy in high school who everyone has a crush on .. but we all know that he's just trying to get into every girl's pants. In that sense, I don't really trust him.

Jen: Like John Smith*. I NEVER got everyone's obsession with him. I'm like he's alright looking..now he comes to my church, and even my best friend (who LOVED him) was like, hmm, I don't know what I saw in him.

A smooth talker, liked by a good number of people .. who could it be?

Last night was a huuuge letdown with Hillary Clinton and her means of dealing with her demise (aka pretty much ignoring Obama's win and leaving her fate open-ended), and hearing Barack Obama speak before sleeping really irked me. I swear, something about the way he speaks really makes me not want to trust the guy. And a note to all those Obama supporters, whether you really believe in his eloquent speeches or not: STOP SHOVING DOWN YOUR OOZING PSEUDO-SUPPORT FOR HIM DOWN MY EFFING THROAT! Geez, in case you haven't figured it out yet, it just makes me dislike the man even more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't find him as annoying as i find hilary. she seems like a totaly bitch who lets her personal emotions get to the best of her during her campaigning. definitly not cool with that.

Jen Shin said...

you know, it's really a lose lose situation when it comes to women in high power, it seems like. they show emotion, and they're too emotional and incapable of doing a good job. they show no emotion, and they're not feminine enough. same thing with being aggressive and vocal about the things you want- you come off as a 'bitch.' take the other road, you're too soft and a pushover. how is any woman supposed to live up to these impossible standards??

and what's sadder is that it's usually women who make these kinds of judgments.