Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I Love RENT

Did you know that the Tony Awards were on Sunday night? Yeah, me either. But I did come across this clip of the cast of RENT, in which both the original and the new cast come together for a performance at the Tonys. Best.Show.Ever. I can't begin to tell you how much I love RENT. I love Jonathan Larson's interpretation of Puccini's La Boheme, I secretly want to live the Bohemian/starving artist lifestyle, I'm obsessed with the soundtrack, I just love everything about the musical. And I am sad it's ending its 12 year run on Broadway come this September. I hope to go see it again before it closes.

The new cast performs La Vie Boheme, and the original cast takes the stage to perform Seasons of Love, which without fail, always gives me goosebumps when I hear it.


5 comments:

Julia Park said...

I TOTALLY want to go see RENT. Even though I've never seen the show (or the movie), I sort of heart that song :)

Unknown said...

I wanna go see rent to! I still havent been to like.. any shows or w/e i say we go this summer! SI!?

Vicki Loo said...

you wanna catch Billy Elliot in previews on Broadway with me this fall?

Anonymous said...

Ok guys, we're going to go see Rent. August preferably.

Anonymous said...

Rent is one of my favorite movies.