Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Reality TV Show of the Day: Jon & Kate Plus 8


Shh, don't tell my girlfriends, or fellow females 18-34, but my favorite non-competitive reality show is not The Hills. It's a little gem of a show on TLC called Jon & Kate Plus 8, about a couple who has 8 kids- a set of twins and a set of sextuplets. The show follows the Gosselin family through their daily lives, and presents the challenges of raising so many kids. I LOVE this show soooo much.

Mady and Cara, (the 7 year old twin girls), and Alexis, Hannah, Aaden, Collin, Leah, and Joel (the 4 year old sextuplets), make up the Gosselin 8, and it's so interesting to see all of their very different personalities and their interactions with each other. But for me, the draw of the show comes from the way Jon and Kate parent the kids. It's not easy raising one child, let alone eight, and they do it remarkably well, though not without fault and frustration. To see them bicker with each other, or discipline the kids when they behave badly, or be loving to the kids, is really refreshing; it's nice to see a normal family of abnormal proportions live out their daily lives with the challenges thrown at them. Mondays at 9, with tons of reruns during the week. Make it your appointment TV.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea yea yea!!! <3 aaden and leah :))

Stella Hsu said...

Jen turned me on to this show. It isn't edited as intelligently or hilariously as, let's say MTV's shows, such as The Hills, but the drama is actually real life, and unlike scripted shows, refreshing, as Jen's said...

Also, the children are absolutely adorable. Interestingly enough, a couple of them look like they have down syndrome; but I guess that's what happens when six children grow together in one womb!

Will said...

Jon & Kate came up as a item in a game of Celebrity, and I only had the vaguest idea that they had some show.

But the Tivo's been going nuts with their marathons this week, and they're so watchable. I'm really curious what their music video will be like.

It reminds me of what I forgot my own kids were like.