Thursday, July 3, 2008

Reality TV Show of the Day: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D List

I loveeeee me some Kathy Griffin. Her too-red hair and gravely voice aside, she is hilarious, and in your face, and says all the things you wish you could say. She's at her best when she's making fun of celebrities or Hollywood, which is really right up my forte. One of my favorite shows is her reality show on Bravo, aptly titled Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D List. I think what I love most about her though is her absolute self-awareness that she is a D-list celebrity. She'll never be an Ellen or an Angelina or whoever, and she totally knows that, but it's still so entertaining to see her try to raise her profile and get her picture taken by the paparazzi, among other things.

This clip is from the 1st episode of the 4th/current season, when she loses out on an Emmy to Planet Earth. She goes on a rant about it, blaming everyone from Oprah to the 'self-righteous' voters/audience/producers of PE. Which then leads to a rant about Paula Abdul and American Idol, you know, the usual Kathy Griffin stuff.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Planet Earth