Thursday, July 17, 2008

Song of the Day: Adele - Hometown Glory

Hometown Glory - Adele

I love sad, melancholy songs. My favorite song ever is Sia's Breathe Me, which is hella depressing, and a close second is Imogen Heap's Hide and Seek, which also ranks pretty high on the unhappy list. I've been obsessed with Adele lately, a young British artist who I wrote about in my mixtape on British female artists. I LOVE LOVE Hometown Glory, a beautiful song off of Adele's debut album 19. It's actually a really uplifting song about her hometown of London (my other obsession), set to a really sad melody. I'm not surprised it's been featured on everything from Grey's Anatomy and One Tree Hill to So You Think You Can Dance.

Here is Hometown Glory on So You Think You Can Dance, choreographed by contemporary dancer Mia Michaels, for my favorite contestants Joshua and Katee. Belissimo.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I play that piano intro . . I forget what the title of it was.. Yuri, Jorge or Howard should know.

I love that couple. They're still in right?