Thursday, July 31, 2008

Touching Clip of the Day: Christian the Lion



I'm not an animal lover, but my cold cold heart melted a little when I saw this clip. It's pretty self-explanatory, but basically the video is about the reunion of Christian the lion, and the 2 men who had raised him for a year before letting him go in the wild. A year after his release, the men decided to go visit him, even though they were warned that the lion would probably not remember them. But lo and behold he does remember, and it's actually really moving. A little disturbing, I have to say, because if a lion was running full speed at me, no matter if I had been his owner or not, I think the first thought to run through my head would be, "S**t, I'm so f**ked," NOT, "Awww, he remembers me!!" But, that's just me being my cynical self. Maybe cause this video is set to one of the sappiest songs of all time, Whitney Houston's I Will Always Love You, but even I kinda teared up at the sight of this huge mountain lion pouring out his affection for his former masters. Over 7 million people have watched the clip so far, and the 2 men were even interviewed on the Today show this week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who needs dogs when you can have lions? I want to raise a bear cub!

Anonymous said...

Adam and I want to leave Yuffie, our newly adopted devil cat in the wild - - and never look back...

Just kidding...shifty eyes...

Anonymous said...

animals and i don't mix either but this was so cute! kitty teared a little too!