Thursday, September 18, 2008

I Really Want a Chevy Volt!

Earlier this week, Chevrolet officially unveiled the Volt, and I want one. Bad.

Why, you ask, am I going crazy over an American car? Why does it get my eco- and tech- senses tingling? Oh, let me count the ways:
  1. It runs on a rechargeable battery that lasts 40 miles.
  2. After the battery dies out, it uses gas to charge the battery (not actually run the engine).
  3. You can plug it in any regular electrical outlet to charge the battery.
  4. While in all-electric mode (the first 40 miles), it'll get the equivalent of 100 miles to the gallon!
  5. Even during 100-200 mile trips, you'll still get 35-50 miles to gallon.
  6. On average, it'll cost about two to six cents of electricity per mile.
  7. It looks pretty good, for a Chevy :x
  8. The interior looks especially sexy!
The Volt is going to be released in 2010, which is still some ways off. That's a good thing for me, though, because it'll take 40,000 green ones to pick up this super green car.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What else can I buy for 40K in 2010?