Friday, September 19, 2008

Shoes of the Day: Custom Slip-offs

I am a huge fan of custom and DIY stuff. One of the coolest thing I have seen is Slipoffs.com.

Site owner and artist Shauna Mae Luedtke takes Vans slip-ons (or any shoe made of canvas material) and creates custom-designed artwork on them. You can basically ask for anything you want on your shoes, and designs range from designy, to funny, to kind of weird (see photos above).

At $180 a pair plus $30 to ship to the US, the pricing can be a little steep. But considering that they are hand drawn (she spends 5 to 10 hours on each pair) and one-of-a-kind, it's totally worth it. Also, I think they would be great gifts.

If I got a pair, it'd probably want something designy on it.. maybe rolls of unraveled film or something. I mean, that or a pair sparkling unicorns shoes.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So how does it work? You give her a picture for her to draw on or describe something to her in writing?