Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Celebrity Sighting to blow all other celebrity sightings away

So originally this post was going to be all about Momofuku Noodle Bar, and how excited I was to finally go, and how amazing the food is, and blah blah. All of that is true, and I do recommend going to Momofuku Noodle Bar and having the pork buns and the Momofuku Ramen (YUM). BUT. We all know where my heart lies- celebrities. And nothing gets me more excited than seeing one up close. You can liken the excitement I get from seeing celebrities in real life to say, if you saw a unicorn roaming the street- fascinating, right?!! My celebrity sightings = your unicorn. I know, I know, they're just people, spare me the talk. But there's something exciting about seeing someone you only know through your TV/movie screen in real life. I've seen a couple this year (Stephen Colbert being my FAVORITE), but uh, last night's encounter blew all previous celeb sightings away.

I went to Momofuku with one of my favorite people in the world, my cousin Cathy, who wanted to introduce me to her favorite noodle place. We got seated right in front of the chefs, which was exciting in itself, and as I glanced around, who do I see sitting at a table 5 ft from us?? Saturday Night Live's Fred Armisen! I love the neurotic characters he plays on SNL, and from gawking at him, I could tell that he embodies a lot of the frenetic neuroses in real life- lots of hand gestures and animation in his conversation. My cousin, who had her back towards their group, was like, is he with anyone famous?? And I was like no, I think he's just with normal people...

Um yeah, NO. She kinda turned to look at them and was like, "He's with Pam from the Office." WHAT?!? And yeah, Jenna Fischer had her back towards me, which is why I couldn't tell at first, but once Cathy pointed that out, I was like, OMG THAT'S PAM FROM THE OFFICE!! If you know me at all, you know that I LURVE The Office. Like a lot. Btw folks, the camera does add 10000 pounds. Jenna is TINY in real life, and her face/head was like so small. Just throwing it out there. Anyways, Fred and Jenna were also with Elisabeth Moss, who plays Peggy on Mad Men, who is also tiny as hell. So even though I restrained myself (mostly out of fear of being rejected AND/OR embarrassing Cathy and myself) and did not acknowledge them, ask for a picture, or profusely gush I LOVE YOU GUYS like I really wanted to, it was the best.celebrity.sighting.ever. EVER! I feel one degree closer to my future husband John Krasinski.

4 comments:

Julia Park said...

best.celeb.sighting.ever

FTW

Unknown said...

Hi Jennifer!

Nice post! I would like to know more about the food thou... ;)

Hope everything is goin well for you?

p.s. The closet I was to any celebrity would have been on my plane ride back from Boston. I passed Jenny McCarthy in first class! Totally pumped about that one!

- Cuz Pete Shin

Anonymous said...

So awesome. But no close encounter stalking? You have to practice for when you run into Mr. Krasinski.

btw, Erin knew Jenna and Fred, so you know you met bona fide celebs!

Yuri Kim said...

If I ever see Fred Armisen, I'm going to ask him to do his American-Indian comedian bit on SNL again.

It's funnier than seeing the Great Montezunean gods dance the Dance of Romulan!