Monday, January 12, 2009

Mashup of the Day: Jaydiohead

I kinda love mash ups. A) I think when done well, they can be so brilliant and creative, and B) What is not to like about combining 2 good songs together? If math class taught me right, 1 good thing + 1 good thing should = 1 awesome mashup. Err... Right, I know that doesn't make sense, ok?? Moving on.

Anyways, Jay-Z seems to be THE go-to artist when creating mashups. Remember the pretty awesome Grey Album (Jay-Z's Black Album plus The Beatles's White Album) by DJ Danger Mouse? And earlier last year, we had Mick Boogie and Terry Urban's Viva La Hova, which is Jay-Z + Coldplay. I sorta love that one. But I think I've found my new favorite, Jaydiohead by DJ Minty Fresh. You guessed it, Jay-Z + Radiohead. What a perfect combo. Jay-Z's hip hop beats intermixed with Radiohead's creepily awesome sound? Perfection. My favorite song at the moment is Fall in Step, which uses Radiohead's best song off their last album, 15 Steps. Listen to album below, or go download at the site.


Jaydiohead :: Jay-Z x Radiohead

0 comments: