Thursday, February 5, 2009

Artist of the Day: James Morrison

I had the privilege of seeing the very hot very talented James Morrison last night at the Highline Ballroom. This was awesome for a variety of reasons, one of which being he tours Europe a lot, but stateside, not so much. Now, I've been to a looooot of shows, but I have to say, the James Morrison show was my best "seat" ever. Ever. I put seats in quotes cause we were technically standing, but we were standing right in front of the stage. A) My neck hurt from staring up at him, B) There was no need to excessively zoom in to get a good shot of him from my camera, and C) I was afraid I was going to get hit by a spray of spit everytime he sang. Does that give you an idea of how close we were to him??

Anyways, James Morrison is so cute and so good live. He has a really husky voice that works so well in his heartbreaking songs. He's released 2 albums so far, his debut Undiscovered, and his latest effort- Songs For You, Truths For Me. He played songs from both albums, and it was so awesome when everyone started singing along to the favorites. Great stuff.

Here are some of my favorites:
Wonderful World


This Boy


Broken Strings ft. Nelly Furtado

Precious Love

1 comments:

Unknown said...

he was so worth the 2 hour wait in the frrreeezing cold!