Wednesday, March 18, 2009

R.I.P. Natasha Richardson

I don't normally do obituaries, but I just wanted to throw my two cents in on the death of actress Natasha Richardson, who was only 45 when she passed away today. As a HUGE fan of the 1998 version of The Parent Trap starring Natasha, a hot Dennis Quaid, and a pre-skanky Lindsay Lohan, I am so saddened by the news. Coming from a really famous acting family, Natasha had built a steady career of film and stage roles, though she was better known in the UK where she is from, and probably even better known as the wife of actor Liam Neeson (who I also LOVE). She seemed so classy and nice from her interviews, and I really liked her, even in her small role in one of her last Hollywood films, Evening.

Apparently Natasha fell while getting ski lessons in Montreal, and was fine for an hour before she started complaining of headaches. It all went downhill from there, and after being hospitalized there, she was transferred to NYC, which is where she resided with her family. It was a complete freak accident, but yeah, reason #473 why I don't like hitting the slopes. And always wear a helmet, people! Anyways. I'm also sad that this tragedy mirrors Liam Neeson's storyline in Love Actually, where he loses his wife and has to be a single dad (probably one of my favorite storylines from that film). So sad. My heart goes out to him, their sons, and her family. :(

0 comments: