Thursday, May 14, 2009

Cover of the Day: Kris Allen - Heartless

So I stopped watching American Idol this season after my favorite contestant, Anoop Desai, was voted off a few weeks ago, but I did manage to catch this performance below, and I was happy. Now, I'm not a fan of Kanye's last album, but there are a couple of great songs on it, including Heartless. For Kris Allen to walk onto that stage and perform it with nothing but his guitar? THIS IS WHY I LOVE GOOD COVERS. And this is the reason why he beat out season favorite Danny Gokey to make it into the finals next week. Now, he's never going to win, as Adam Lambert has had "American Idol Season 8 Winner" tattooed on his arm since the competition began, but considering this season really was about who was going to be the runner-up anyway, good job Kris. He's cute too. But married. Very married.

0 comments: