Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Fashion NONONOs

Monday night was one of my favorite NYC events of the year, the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute's Annual Gala. It always brings out the biggest celebs in Hollywood and fashion world, and it's just a big showcase of how beautiful fashion can be... OR NOT. This year leaned more towards the NOT. I was amazed at some of the hideous things people chose to wear. RIDONK, HIDEOUS. I think the girls at Go Fug Yourself said it best: "...this season, the annual costume gala spawned more WTF moments than the Oscars, Globes, Grammys, and VMAs combined." YES. Madonna had a bird on her head, Rachel Weisz looked like she crawled back from the dead, the beautiful Helena Christensen looked like she was going to a prom...in the 80s...in the midwest, Ashley Olsen thought she was going to a Halloween party dressed as a ghost, Vogue editor Andre Leon Talley looked like..well, I don't have words for that. In fact, I didn't love anything I saw this year, and I think it's cause I was so traumatized by all the horrible ensembles. But those are nothing compared to my 2 absolute worst dressed:

1. Rihanna.

I know she's been through a lot recently, but I don't care. I HATE THIS. Yeah she looks fierce, but um, the ridiculousness of this Dolce & Gabbana tux cancels out the fierceness. Don't do this, Rihanna. You look like a retartar. And no, I don't feel bad saying what everyone else is afraid to say to her face.

2. Leighton Meester.

I'm gonna preface this with, I love Leighton. I think she's uber pretty, she's the best actor on Gossip Girl, and I have no otherwise reason to believe her fashion sense is wack. But, this is my pick for the worst outfit of the night, year, decade, century. You blew this outfit out of the water, Leighton, which was my pick for the worst outfit EVER until now (it's a flowery diaper, with a backwards apron. WHAT.). I don't care that you're dressed head-to-toe Louis Vuitton, this is ridonk! You look like a 4 year old girl who dressed herself. And I actually think a normal 4 year old girl would scoff at this outfit. OMG, I can't stare at this for long, I'm getting nauseated. No. No, No. No, No, No.

If you want to see the rest of the outfits, click here.

0 comments: