Thursday, May 7, 2009

Person I want to be of the Day: Mindy Kaling

I heart Mindy Kaling. She's a writer on the Office, my favorite show, and she has written some of the best episodes: The Dundies, Take Your Daughter to Work Day, The INJURY!!! She is super cute, self-deprecating, and I imagine she talks exactly like Kelly Kapoor does, which is all kinds of awesome, you guys. She also has a mostly-defunct blog that I looooove called "Things I've Bought that I Love" which is super fantastic for wannabe fashionistas and bona-fide shopaholics like me. But really, let's go back to the talent. She's funny, she's a great writer, and she's managed to do what every funny writer hopes to do in Hollywood: have a stable paycheck, whilst landing a development deal to star in and write her own show. NBC signed her to a 2-year, 7-figure (!!) deal that will have her continue to work on the Office, while she is developing her show. Very a la Tina Fey who I also LOOOVE. You go, girls! I want to be Mindy when I grow up.

0 comments: