Friday, October 23, 2009

Hulu, I Love You - NOOOOOO!




Hulu is one of the greatest things on earth. I can watch tv episodes because the bf hates America and discourages the purchase of DVDs. But with talks hinting at the possibility of being charged to view shows on Hulu .. what am I to do??

At an industry summit in NYC on Oct. 21, News Corp Deputy Chairman Chase Carey revealed that online video hub Hulu will begin charging users for content as soon as 2010, according to Broadcasting and Cable. Carey told reporters that a subscription system is likely, although some content will probably continue to be offered free of charge. “I think a free model is a very difficult way to capture the value of our content. I think what we need to do is deliver that content to consumers in a way where they will appreciate the value,” he said.(ew.com)

I mean, I guess it's no big deal, especially since most networks show new episodes on their own sites. But even so .. damn you, Hulu.

2 comments:

Jen Shin said...

I don't use HULU nearly as much as other people, but even I was taken aback by this. Idk. People might as well pony up 1.99 and download the episodes onto their ipods or something? I don't feel like this is going to be a good move for them.

Unknown said...

This is the worst news ever.