Monday, October 15, 2007

What's Goin' On?

Al Gore wins Nobel Peace Prize.

It's official. From this point on, Al Gore will be known as "Captain Planet."
Let's just hope he sticks to his word and stays away from the Presidential race. Don't get me wrong, I love the man, and I really wish he had won when he actually did get all the popular votes back in the 2000 elections. But for him to redirect his attention from global warming to the duties of presidency .. I fear it will be his downfall.
So don't be tempted, Captain Planet!

Legally Blonde, the Musical.

MTV was airing the musical adaptation for "Legally Blonde" this weekend. As overly pink as it was, it was surprisingly good. The cast was great (especially Paulette!), and even though I thought I was going to fall into epileptic seizures every time Elle and her sorority friends were "pinkifying" on scene, I found it to be a successful adaptation.


The Cloisters.

I went to the Cloisters for the first time this weekend. All I can say is that every time I go to a museum, it makes me appreciate living so close to the city (and no, not "the city" as in Philly .. I'm talking about the original city, New York City, suckas!).
It also always amazes me to think that just a train ride uptown through all the hustle and bustle of the city can transport you to such a quiet, scenic piece of history. Only in New York.

Funny Story of the Day:
Yuri and I were waiting behind an elderly couple (well, not that elderly .. probably in their late 40's) to check out a map. While waiting, we hear a loud, curt trumpet-like sound, to which Yuri suddenly pulls my hand and has a weird look on his face. The couple turn away from the map to walk away, when the woman notices that we were waiting to see the map. She immediately blushes and in a tone of surprise, murmurs "Oops!" and hurries away.

This just goes to show you all - everybody farts.

0 comments: