Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Korean Ahjummas SUCK.

Ahjumma is a Korean word for someone who is older and married. Some of them are harmless, nice even, but a lot of them are huge pain in the asses. My mom and technically your mom (if you're Korean, I guess) are ahjummas, but my mom's not rude and abrasive and thinks she's entitled to everything. I'm just saying.

I had a very rude encounter with a Korean ahjumma at a parking lot last night, and it just reaffirmed why I steer clear of them in the first place. I'm backing out of my spot, and I notice that there are two cars waiting patiently for me to do so. I'm so busy making sure that I don't hit those cars that I completely don't even notice there's another car backing up diagonally from me. So of course, I hit it. But considering I was literally backing out at the speed of 1 mph, I knew I didn't do any damage to the other car. If anything the car probably ruined mine, as it was this huge SUV. Anyways, so I get out of the car and instead of inspecting my own, I go straight to hers to assess damages. Of course there were none, but I wait as the lady literally looks at her bumper for 3 minutes. She doesn't look at mine, she doesn't say anything to me, she's just staring at the non-existent dent in her car. Rudeness, check.

And then she opens her mouth, and spits out, 'Why would you back out at the same time as me??' Wow. Abrasiveness, check. Ok, so she's right, to a point. I mean yes I did back out at the same time as her. But I didn't do it on purpose. She wasn't in my line of sight. And if she saw that I was backing out and obviously NOT stopping, why didn't she wait? Sense of false entitlement, check.

Then she wordlessly got back in her car without further acknowledging me at all, leaving me standing there. WTF??? So I got back in my car and cursed her all the way home. In my defense, I just want to say that I am a good driver. And contrary to popular belief, I don't usually do stupid things like this. Not since my first car, anyway. But Korean ahjummas?? Driving in Palisades Park and on Broad Avenue?? They're like little bubbles of accidents waiting to burst and unleash disasters on good drivers. GRRRRRRR.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean! Driving through Broad Avenue is a scary experience; you're pretty much gambling on if you want to risk getting hit by a Korean ahjumma. Nice post.

Unknown said...

Driving Threw broad is lie fken new york probably worse.. sorry but you koreans can't drive.. Mexicans can drive better!!!.. FKEN AJUMMAS! LEAVE POOR JENN ALONE!!!! =*[ fken skanks ahhhhhh