Monday, March 16, 2009

Review: Britney Spears: The Circus Tour


Britney Spears: The Circus Tour 2009
The Prudential Center, Newark NJ.
3.14.09
Opening Act: The Pussycat Dolls

Ok so this past Saturday was the event I have been waiting for for so long, the comeback tour of Ms. B. Spears. My friends and I had purchased tickets the morning they went on sale, I had a countdown going, so I was beyond words excited when the day finally came. After spending $40 on parking, being sad about the General Admissions "seating"/being split up, and just being confuzzled by all the girls who showed up LOOKING like Britney (girls, you're here to see her, not be like her), the show began.


The Pussycat Dolls are opening for Britney on this tour, and I can't think of a better combination. Both are extremely hot, extremely pop, and extremely Top 40. I was thoroughly impressed by the PCD, who sang and danced their way around the stage singing all of their hits - Beep, I Hate This Part, Buttons, Dont Cha, etc. They were uber entertaining, they were pretty good live, and really HOT. Oh, and they also sang their newest single, their version of the Oscar winning song from Slumdog Millionaire, Jai Ho. Here is the music video. And girls, it's called 'Jai Ho,' NOT 'Jay-Ho,' ok? Thanks. But as great as the PCD were, they knew they were filler for the REAL show. They kept saying, 'Are you guys excited for Britney??' UM A HELLLS YEAH?!?

So after their 40 minute set, a 15 minute break, and a 10 minute Circus warmup act, the event started. OMG. OMG. She came reigning down from the sky and sang Circus, and I was gone from there. Set list here. The freakin concert, and I'm not just saying this as a HUGE fan, is pretty amazing. It's music you know and love (come on, Britney has a discography any pop artist can envy), it's a show stopping eye-fest of costume changes (my favorite is the one on the left- naughty!), hard hitting dancing, pyrotechnics and fire, and one ringleader named Britney. She looks fantastic, she sounds fantastic (cause she lip syncs the WHOLE thing, ha!), she is back. Could she have danced a bit harder? Certainly. Could she have actually pretended to sing some parts live? Surely. But IT'S BRITNEY, BITCH!! The reigning princess of pop puts on an unbelievable show, and reaffirms that she is a talented performer. She deserves that much.

So all you haters to the left. Britney is back, and I CANNOT wait for this next chapter in her career to unfold. I'm counting down for the next tour.

0 comments: