Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Oldboy Remix!

Ok seriously one of my favorite movies ever is the ultra violent Park Chan Wook film called Oldboy. I don't like violence, I don't like blood, but the film is just beautiful in its cinematography, the acting is great, and the story is original. It's just...art. Mean magazine has teamed up with MSN Movies to create a series of movie parodies called Cinemash, and this week's video is a parody of.. Oldboy! How exciting! It stars Heroes cutie Milo Ventimiglia as the protagonist, and it recreates the most awesome fight scene ever recorded on film. Ok that may be an exaggeration, but this particular Oldboy fight scene is epic, AND it is recorded in this one long continuous tracking shot, which just adds to the awesomeness of the scene. I have to admit, Cinemash's parody isn't like mindblowingly funny, but I do like that they used one of my favorite scenes from one of my favorite movies. Watch the parody below, then check out the original!

<a href="http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&fg=MsnEntertainment_idseeitif_top2&vid=b80879e8-e96e-44d6-abb6-7340be64d5aa" target="_new" title="Milo Ventimiglia Cinemashes "Oldboy"">Video: Milo Ventimiglia Cinemashes "Oldboy"</a>

The Original Scene:

0 comments: